sims, comment please...
WH vs AU this is a 2v2 I didn't play in. So I dunno what happened. Bird says he had a lot of elephants.
AU vs TWC Some disputes heading into this game about whether outback is land/water map or water map. Anyway this is a very good game. Watch it for yourself. It lasted 40 minutes. Key points (from our side) that I can remember
- tl sacks Jups cap just before Jups goes Enlightenment. Jups and dog then double tl back to his base. The sack allows tl to stay alive and boom back to V even though he is lagging on knowledge pretty badly in the early going.
- Sims has noob response to tascan's ancient raid. Both players are quite behind for the first 15 minutes or so as a result of the raid.
- Sims loses 3 elephants to spies in V attack. This almost costs AU the game because Tascan and Dog then come barrelling down the middle with a huge ele/hc army (Dog's Persians) and Tascan's LI/HI/3 eles army (Aztecs). They manage to get birds cap down to 0 hp, but bird manages to get to Industrial just in time to avoid the sack, using militia to keep Doggy from claiming his cap even though the cap is reduced.
- tl sacrifices all to keep bird's cap alive in V. He gets mauled by Jups afterwards as a result, but he manages to stay alive.
- Turning point is in VI. Sims goes to Tas cap with medium size army with 10-12 commandos and takes it. Then runs to dog's cap (or one of his caps since he's persian) and takes that too. This fucks up both their econs and forces their armies to retreat, relieving pressure in the middle. Also gives sims resources to wonder boom.
Rares were pretty even, both sides had pretty good ones. TWC has papy dye and some other ones and AU has salt, silver, and some other ones.
For WH v. AU game
Was 2v2, bird & I vs. sniper & aof. WH went dutch/japs, we were japs/persian. We had silver/salt/cotton, I can't remember what rares they had. AOF attacked bird's forward city w/ his boom to III jap strat but was repelled by bird. Sniper tries age II sneak cap attack & gets repelled by my army + militia. They double my forward 3rd city, bird comes & we repel them together. From there we have map control & go to IV where we double AOF who's behind cause of all out attack in III. They did what WH usually does all out attack in II and III which cost them the game cause it's so easy to boom on that map w/ japs & persians. In any case, was a gg.
In TWC game I went com2 in ancient which let Jups & Dog totally pawn me w/ raiding b/c I was so late going classical. cry
lol, I just watched twc game... after jups army raids me I leave 3 civies as militia for 2 ages! No wonder my food income was so suxor. rofl.
TWC had better rares diamond, papyrus, silk, relic, dye, citrus, gems. We had silver, sugar, salt, copper, fur. I never get fur because it's not safe on tl's side.
After watching the game, many of us had lots of knowledge stockpiled. In the end, after I had all library tech researched, I still had 2700 knowledge left with only 600ish knowledge income. And Dog already had 3000 knowledge stockpiled in V. I think Dog could have aged much faster. ?
damn gogo sim noob, i think it was those two whacky crazy cap sacks that won the game, u boomed, and it got tas and doggie to head up field GG
Yeah i watched it and I noticed dog had 3k knowledge in V. Like I said to him today we should have included a "Spend your resources doggy" taunt in the taunt pack. dance
japs with salt as cap rare and dutch merchant protecting it isn't bad
Yeah dog could have been in VI when most AU's were still in IV #_# Damn teh filthy h4xorz
Well TWC actually had the game from the first to the fifth age but then somehow AU came back ^^
Diamonds, papyrus, silk ,relics, gems...Talka bout gold and Knowledge runes. How do u lose with that? Dont even start with japs and cotton Jups lol. And Dutch merchant? Yeh that is the Dutch's ability. One of their best abilities--- ...gg maybe better lucky next time. Perhaps u'll get all the best runes next time and not 75%. P
So are you gonna play pussy boy or are you just afraid to be beaten by the beermeister huh ;P
[quote6729824ce9="AU_Raider"]Diamonds, papyrus, silk ,relics, gems...Talka bout gold and Knowledge runes. How do u lose with that? Dont even start with japs and cotton Jups lol. And Dutch merchant? Yeh that is the Dutch's ability. One of their best abilities--- ...gg maybe better lucky next time. Perhaps u'll get all the best runes next time and not 75%. P[/quote6729824ce9]
Yes, overall TWC rares were a bit better, but by no means over-powered. Gold rares are no big advantage on aussie at all, knowledge ones are tho. As every player hits classic, sims and tl are the only players to not have a knowledge rare, and have instead chosen salt and sugar instead pretty much. It was at this point hitting classic, that TWC gained the edge in the game, largely from the nice knowledge income. AU simply chose different rares, based on thier plans for later game (i guess). Unfair and misleading to impy that the TWC early dominance was due to rares
I don't think he was implying that rares had anything to do with early dominance...just posing the question, "How could you lose with those rares". I think it a fair question....maybe cause u didn't allow observers... lol
Rolf raider exists
he's been into 'runes'
hippy freak P