How to micro raids effectively
send 1 ha when you main force is attacking, if ur lucky he wont even see it...
eehm be fast? and eeh use a mixed army for an army raid
Sending an hc while any main attack is happening can work well also. Really sending any unit (ha, hc, hi) to both of his main econ cities while a main attack is happening can be a killer as it either completely stops his production (he garrisons) or you kill a bunch of econ units... likely gg. Other tips
- raid >1 spot @ once. setup your raid, don't send 1 unit in after 1 unit, get 2-3 units in their prep spots, then send them in @ the same time. micro them individually out immediately if they encounter resistance (you picked the wrong spot)
- focus on wealth if you get a fast classic. Killing a caravan on a land map in early classic is huge (50 wealth to you, he has to setup the route again).
- don't lose your raid units. retreat them @ any sign of a fight.
- greek hc are great raiders in early classic. On sea maps you can 1 city start w/ greek & hurt him badly w/ a couple hc and an ha early. maybe smarter to 2nd city b/c of 2nd early uni.
- don't lose your army when army raiding.
- sometimes army raiding & not doing much damage is worthwhile as you make him garrison for a time stopping production + you keep him from your territory letting you boom.
I'd suggest watching wolf and shad's recs. They're the best raiding players I've seen.
Also, just a note to the dickheads spamming the forums... I'm out of patience w/ you. Further spam will result in you being banned- no more warnings ).
Thanks Beertender & TL.
TL, do you reckon it's useful using control groups to help with the micro?
depends on personal preferences
yea, i like to control group my main army + any raiders + any siege in seperate control groups, i just find it easier to control my army and i can easily select raiders, siege etc.. to attack
where as players like nuuk, never use control groups (i maybe wrong but i remember him saying somewhere that he never uses them wink )
I hotkey my regular army but do not hotkey my raiders. I tried this for a bit awhile back and didn't find it very effective.
i used to use them but then i went on a couple breaks and have been too lazy ever since
i do use hotkeys to keep track of scouting vills tho
i use 1 for my scout, thats all )
u can just use the apostrophe to get ur scout
Thanks for the link Jupsy, was very helpful.
thank nuuk for writing all that shit P
Ty Nuuk! P